Friday, March 19, 2010

Bring it On!

Well, it seems the wait is over. At least, we hope it's over. There's a long way to go, but I'm very positive.

Yesterday, I took probably the 15th pregnancy test since I went off the pill and much to my surprise (or not so much...I had suspicions) it was positive! I took a second one this morning which confirmed the results from last night.

I've decided to chronicle the journey of pregnancy into motherhood through a blog as opposed to posting every inane detail on Facebook. My own experience of having to see everybody ELSE'S pregnancy updates for 7 months while I continued to not get pregnant was difficult to say the least...and it didn't even really take me that long to GET pregnant. But, combine pics of pregnant bellies, yet another negative pregnancy test, and all of those lovely hormones and you get one big ole basket case.

Best I can tell, I'm only 4 weeks along at this point. It's been 8 weeks since the start of my last period which is when they SAY to count from...but I don't think the 'magic' was really happening until the last 4 weeks so I'm going to go with that for now. I have my first doctors appt. April 6th so we'll see what she says then. I have to wait 2 1/2 weeks!! Waiting is tough...but I guess there's going to be a lot of that coming up so I might as well sit back and relax.

My first indication that something might be up was this past Monday when I was talking to a friend and the whole time I kept thinking about caesar salad. I was practically salivating! I don't even order caesar salad when it's an option so I was surprised by the craving. I have felt nauseous, but nothing severe...hopefully that's all it will be. Off and on I've had a little indigestion, but again...nothing big. The biggest thing I've noticed has been sore boobs...it was slight earlier this week, but as of yesterday, it's been more obvious. Spotting over the weekend...none since then which is good.

I'm still a little surreal about all this. It has been my constant thought since I went off the pill back in July...getting pregnant, that is. I have tried to not let it dominate my feelings, but it has been very difficult (not to mention the change in hormones after being off the pill). Now that I see that 'pregnant' logo on the stick...I don't know, it's like I'm trying not to get too excited too soon...I'll feel much better once I get past the first trimester (end of May).

Well, that's it for now. Probably falls in the TMI category, but oh well. Just pretend you didn't read it:-P More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment