Sunday, March 21, 2010

Worrywart

My good friend who is about 9 weeks away from her due date told me awhile back that the moment she became pregnant, she started worrying about EVERYTHING. I remember thinking, when I finally get pregnant, I'll be so happy I'm pregnant I won't be worrying about anything!

Yeah, right.

So, I'm about 4.5 weeks pregnant and I'm already fretting about every little twinge in my belly, every little symptom. I even worried because I haven't really had much in the way of morning sickness and I thought...this must mean something's wrong!

After visiting about 5 different websites on morning sickness, I found out (for those who might be interested) that while some studies have shown there is a higher rate of lack of pregnancy symptoms with those who end up miscarrying than those who carry through, it is not uncommon to not experience much morning sickness. Plus, I HAVE felt some slight queasiness...at least during the work week when I don't eat as frequently. We'll see how this week goes on that front.

Oh, and did I mention that I'm only 4.5 weeks in? So...I could definitely be in for some unhappiness down the line...we'll hope for not:-P

All in all, I'm going to have a hard time being excited until I get past the first trimester...June 1 is my goal line. Well, maybe we'll get excited before then. I think that first doctor's appointment in 2 weeks will really help to ease my mind. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment