Saturday, October 30, 2010

36 Weeks...and Ultrasound Pics!!

Well, yesterday was a special appointment because we got to do our 36 week ultrasound! Of course, the reason for doing this from the doctor's point of view is to check where the placenta is, check the amniotic fluid level, check out baby's organs, look at the size of the head and abdomen and give a guess on the size of the baby, etc. etc. etc. We wanted all of this to look good, of course, and it was reassuring to hear from the tech that everything looked normal. However WE wanted 2 things: to see our baby and to get a confirmation on the gender (otherwise there would be a few trips to various stores exchanging clothes!).

Well first off as I said before, everything looked great! The estimated weight at the moment is 5 pounds, 13 ounces which puts her in the 35th percentile for babies at 36 weeks. And yes, there is no doubt about it at this point, she is definitely a 'she':-) No returns for me! For those of you who are convinced based on my size that I'm going to deliver early, I'll have you know that the computer actually predicted my due date based on measurements, etc. to be 5 days LATER than originally thought! The doctor's still sticking with November 25, though, since the earlier measurements are more accurate. We'll see!

My parents were able to accompany us which I really think helped keep my dad's spirits up being in the middle of cancer treatment and all. He seems to be doing quite well this weekend, all things considered. Still tired and dealing with some symptoms (he has very little hair left) but looked more with it yesterday morning than I think I've seen him since before the treatment started. Also, my mom heads out to Houston on Tuesday and doesn't return until the Thursday of the next week so I think it was good for both of them to have some good news and positive energy before embarking on the next piece of treatment (which, by the way, is undetermined...Dad will get checked out again in Houston on the 9th and they will decide whether or not to just jump in with radiation, do another round of chemo, or go ahead with the surgery). I'll keep everyone posted.
We were all pleasantly surprised when the ultrasound tech attempted to give us some good 3D shots! I didn't realize they would do that as a standard thing. So, for your enjoyment, I'll post some of these awesome photos of the little bug!

















2 comments:

  1. I wish you all the best on the last few weeks of your pregnancy and (of course) for this whole parenthood thing! I'm really sorry to hear that your dad isn't well. I'm praying for a speedy recovery and for strength for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! And you too...we're almost there!

    Thanks for the prayers. He's doing alright, but the last few months have sure been a rollercoaster. I think knowing he's about to become a grandpa is helping a whole lot:-D

    ReplyDelete