Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Cat's Out of the Bag

These past two weeks have been such a whirlwind! Stephen was out of town two weekends ago for his grandmother's 80th birthday. Then, this past weekend, we were both in St. Louis for my dearest friend's wedding. I was really worried about traveling to St. Louis and how my body would take it...especially during the time that's supposed to be the worst for morning sickness and other symptoms. I was pleasantly surprised! For the first time in three weeks, I actually felt like eating something! It was great! The best we can figure is coming OUT of altitude tremendously helped...I know this because since we've been back, I've been right back to square one feeling semi-sick every morning and finding it hard to eat dinner. Oh well. I'm almost to nine weeks so probably another three weeks or so and we'll be out of the icky phase.

The biggest thing that's happened is we let everyone know the good news! It still felt a little early to be telling everyone, but we couldn't pass up the opportunity since we would be around our families and friends. I think the most surprised/excited was my grandmother! We told everyone and she didn't hear what we said (she's hard of hearing) and so I leaned over to her and said, 'you're going to be a great-grandmother' and she did a little hop! I haven't seen her that excited for a long time! Everyone seemed very excited. I think some of my high school friends were surprised, but not TOO surprised. I think many of them figured I wouldn't wait too long to have kids.

I'm actually really glad we didn't wait to tell everyone. I think while we were waiting I felt more nervous about what could happen. Probably because it felt like we were waiting for a reason...making the possibility of what could go wrong more in the forefront of our thinking. I certainly know that nothing's guaranteed...but you know what? That will ALWAYS be the case. So why not celebrate and be excited with our friends and family rather than sit on pins and needles waiting? I'm glad it's out. Now it's time to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment