Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fuzz Ball with a Heartbeat

Fuzz Ball. That's what the baby looks like right now. So that's what we're calling it for now. And it has a heartbeat!! It's an amazing sight to see. I'm so glad I could see the heartbeat. Not only because it reassured me that everything is going well, but also because it gives, well, life to something that otherwise just looks like a blur on the screen.

To update where we're at now:

Spotting basically stopped. I may have a little here and there, but it's pretty much dwindled off. My doctor said that since I've had this spotting but the baby looks great I shouldn't worry too much about it, but definitely call if that changes. When I was getting my pap, I had some bleeding almost immediately so the doctor said it could just be that my cervix is really sensitive and bleeds a little more readily than most.

Morning sickness seems to have lessened a bit. It's more a slight uneasiness and I actually feel like eating something now! The doctor said it's still early so I may experience more later so just be prepared.

On Sunday I had to upgrade back to my fat pants!! I kept a lot of my clothes from before the Weight Watchers days in anticipating needing them again. They're pretty loose...really I need something between them and my skinny jeans, but I'm not really into buying clothes I may only need for a month or two...if I can help it.

I DO, however, still fit into my bridesmaid dress, thank goodness. I'm SO glad the wedding is only a week and a half away...any longer and I think it would have been questionable. Either that or I would be frantically calling a seamstress hoping they could work miracles! The dress is a bit snug and I don't look as good as I had hoped, but I'll take it. So long as it zips up, I don't care.

Today I'm 6 weeks and 5 days (according to measurements at the doctor). Estimated due date: November 25...you guessed it...Thanksgiving Day. Guess we'll have one more thing to be thankful for this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment