Monday, July 19, 2010

Brown Cows

I LOVE Brown Cows.

Ok, so maybe this is a midwest thing. Or maybe not. Or maybe it's just a 'my family' thing. Anyway, for those of you who are not enlightened, brown cows are an ice cream treat with a vanilla ice cream center, dipped in chocolate on a stick. They're like Dilly Bars from Dairy Queen but more normal ice cream treat shaped than round. Anyway, we used to eat them all the time growing up and for some reason, I've had a craving for them lately. Not a crazy craving or anything. Just like, man...whatever happened to those? It would be awesome to have one.

So, Stephen being the awesome husband that he is picked up 'brown cows' at the store. Except they were like, the fancy-schmancy version of brown cows. See, I guess his mom loves the Dove ice cream bars and so that's what HE remembers as a kid and that's what he got.

Now, don't get me wrong. Dove is awesome. The ice cream was smooth, the chocolate was, of course, amazing. But, they just weren't what I remembered as a kid which was what I really wanted. So, we had to try again.

But of course I still ate the Dove bars! Do not be concerned...

The next try was Haagen-Dazs. Better. Ice cream was awesome. Chocolate was better (which means a little less decadent than Dove but that's good!). Still, not the same. Plus, there's only 3 bars in a box...that doesn't last very long!!

So on a quick run to King Soopers, Stephen gave it another shot. He brought home these things called 'Arctic Blasters'. I thought we might just have it this time since there was a whopping dozen bars in a box (the cheaper the better!).

Sure enough, we had a hit!

So, now the brown cow cravings have been quelled. Now that the perfect level of cheap ice cream treat has been discovered:-D (None of that high end stuff!)

1 comment:

  1. Beth, when I read the title of the post I thought you were decorating the baby's room with brown cows! I feel better now. :)
    Love,
    Mama Kelly

    ReplyDelete