Saturday, July 31, 2010

Stuff (as in, literally)

So amidst the other craziness going on, it dawned on me that round about now I should be thinking about the stuff we'll need.

Bring on...dum dum DUM...the Baby Registry.

Now, I remember being really excited about this when I was getting married. We had just moved into a house and I had all kinds of things I needed so picking items was not that daunting of a task. I mean, I had lived on my own for a few years so I had some idea of what I needed or what would be nice or what I already had, but wanted one that DIDN'T look like it belonged in a college dorm room (or that a 24-year-old boy had picked it out). Baby Registries are different. Sure, there's the cute this and the sweet that. But most of what you're picking out is functional stuff that you NEED. Not, oh we can get by without it. We NEED a car seat. We NEED clothes. Etc. etc. etc. And it's not like we've had these items in the past and know what we'd like and we don't. We have to rely on the testimony of others to give us guidance. Which has been great! But there are SO MANY CHOICES!!!

In terms of where we're registering, I know for sure we're registering on Amazon. Reason is they have TONS of selection and lower prices (including some used items which would be fine for some things, for sure). Yes, it means items have to be shipped which takes a little bit of the fun out of actually 'giving a gift'. But as I mentioned in my last post, I am flying to STL. For my health more than anything. I will be taking extra luggage to bring back things, but I am not anticipating having to lug a Pack n' Play back with me. Not that I wouldn't if I had to! But there's a point where I have to be reasonable.

The other cool thing about registering with Amazon is they have a feature called 'Universal Registry'. It's pretty much what it sounds like. You can go to any site you can think of and add items from that site to your Amazon registry. So, for example, for kicks I went to the Rockies website and added a newborn kit from there.

I AM NOT HATING ON MY CARDINALS!!

Just being realistic here:-P Or, if I see something on a local site/craft site that would be cool, I can add that as well. Awesomeness.

Don't worry, I will probably be registering for some things at Babies R Us or Target (not sure which one yet) but I will probably stick to smaller items (as in not bulky).

If you would like to see my registry building in action, please visit it!


I'm still figuring quite a bit out so things may change, but I feel pretty good about what's already on there.

Thanks everyone! Any suggestions on things I MUST HAVE, please leave me a comment, drop me an email, whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment